This week the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced an extension to the Hours-of-Service Emergency Declaration, until May 31, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. (ET). This declaration includes:
- Livestock and livestock feed. (Transporters of feed ingredients are ineligible.)
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis, and treatment of COVID-19.
- Vaccines, constituent products, medical supplies, and equipment including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19.
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, and disinfectants.
- Food, paper products, and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores.
Read more about the extension to Hours-of Service Emergency Declaration here.
The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee has scheduled Rep. Deb Haaland’s hearing for her nomination as Interior Secretary for Tuesday, Feb. 23, at 9:30 a.m. ET. PLC staff have placed questions for members to ask Rep. Haaland and will be monitoring the hearing.